You have found your dream home, and are planning to buy it. You did your research and have factored in property taxes, neighborhoods, school districts, and community recreational opportunities, but did you factor in the cost of insurance? An often overlooked item is the insurance implications of buying a home. It would be difficult to discover that your dream home is more expensive to insure than you thought after you own it. This is the perfect time to reach out to us to let us quote your home – new or old.
What is covered on a home policy? The structure of your home, replacement costs, personal possessions (up to a limit), living expenses in case of disaster, and liability and medical payments to others are all covered. There are certain things that might not be covered. Check out this video and then contact us to see if you need any additional coverage.
Thankfully, there are some discounts and/or tips that can assist in lowering your premium! These include:
- Multi-policy discount – having multiple insurance policies with the same company (i.e. home and auto insurance with Safeco)
- Burglar alarm – having a connected burglar alarm system in effect
- Fire alarm – having a connected fire alarm system that alerts either your provider or the fire station directly
- Raising deductibles – something to keep in mind about this, is that small claims would most likely have to be covered by the homeowner
- Talk to your agent! We can look at your specific policy to see if there are any discounts or changes that can be done to lower the premium and/or increase coverage.
We are the leading insurance provider for Austin, DFW, San Antonio, and the whole state of Texas. If you have any questions involving what is on your policy or want to see what other options are out there, contact us today via email ScottReed@Shop2Insure.com, phone (877) 892-4565, or click here to receive a quote!
We also offer: